- This event has passed.
2017 Member-Guest Tournament
September 1, 2017 - September 3, 2017$500
The annual Member-Guest Tournament is our marquee event for members. It provides them with the opportunity to showcase our club with pride and invites our guests to take part in a week full of fun and great camaraderie. This year’s event will provide three days of competitive golf accompanied by a long list of activities for all golfing participants.
This year’s event will be contested from Friday, September 1 through Sunday, September 3. Thursday, August 31 has been set aside for those teams wishing to take advantage of a practice round. Breakfast and lunch will be provided for each day of the event and will vary from offerings in the past. There will be a social gathering on the first evening of competition and there will also be a cocktail hour (1st) with dinner and awards on the final day (3rd).
Winners of each flight will battle it out in a Shootout. The high score per hole will be eliminated, until only one team remains to be crowned the 2016 Member-Guest Overall Champion!
2016- George Nolan and George Keller
2015- Tom McDowell and Steve Weeks
2014- George Nolan and George Keller
2013- Jamie Anderson and Rick Boyd
2012- Bill Farrell and Ryan Farrell
2011- Toni Rossi and Bill Kerbel
Format: Two-man teams will compete in five 9-hole matches. One match will be played in the morning with another in the afternoon, along with a playoff in the afternoon on the final day.
Tee Boxes and Flight Information
- Tees will be selected based on the individual’s handicap index in reference to each course scorecard. The tee selection will be based on the following: If the handicap index is 0-3, the platinum tees will be used. If the handicap index is 4-12, the black tees will be used. If the handicap index is 13 or higher, the white tees will be used. Anyone 60 years of age or older will have the option to move up one tee box. *Please note: If the over 60 box is checked, that player will be moved up one set of tees.
- Flights will be created based on 100% of combined team handicap index. 80% of course handicaps will be used for competition. If an individual is to receive a half stroke based on the conversion, the half stroke will round up to a whole stroke.
- If participants are playing from different tees, strokes will be adjusted based on course handicap conversion chart and will be rounded to the nearest whole stroke.
- Within each match, handicaps will be adjusted and played off of the low person. (The low person will be considered scratch and strokes will be adjusted for the other players)
- Closest to Pin Challenge on Fazio #18 prior to event start.
- Closest to Pin prizes for the first and second day, and drawing for raffle prizes will take place on the evening of the Banquet/Awards.
- Shootout winner names will be etched on the Member/Guest Trophy and put on show in clubhouse trophy case for one year.
- Prizes awarded to flight winners as well as the 1st 2nd and 3rd place teams in the shootout.
Other Activities Included in Price
- Welcome Reception on Friday night
- Buffet style breakfast will be served on tournament days (Fri, Sat, and Sun.) for participants, beginning at 7:00 am in the Resort Clubhouse Restaurant.
- Buffet style lunch will be served between 9-hole matches on tournament days.
- Cocktail hour starting at 5:00 pm (Two drink tickets per guest followed by cash bar) on the final evening. Full service banquet beginning at 6:00 pm in the Resort Clubhouse Restaurant. Awards will be given at this event.
- Complimentary Range Balls prior to practice and tournament rounds. Range opens at 6:30 am.
- Barefoot Member/Guest gift packages
Entry Fees: $500 per team
**Entry Deadline is August 1, 2017**
*Entry form can be mailed, dropped off to resort pro shop or faxed*